We will be migrating Inductive Automation’s Ideas Portal to a new platform on Tuesday, June 26th.

You will still be able to access your existing data by logging in through your Inductive Automation account.

Ignition Features and Ideas

How can we improve Ignition?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Backup name

I would like to be able to enter a name in the automatic backup settings that is added to the name of the download. Or that the name of the gateway (System Name) is included in the name of the gateway backup.

In addition, it seems convenient to me that when you make a manual backup you get a save window so you can immediately change the name / path. If you do not want to you just press enter. The name you immediately get when downloading would also be the system name + what it looks like now or…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile Module Different Ports for Mobile Module and Gateway

Separation of mobile client and launch page (https://localhost/main/system/mobile) and the gateway and designer application (https://localhost/main/web/home) on different ports so that remote access can be enabled to the client only and not designer or gateway web page so that firewall rules can be enabled to allow remote access to client only.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Project-Scoped Custom Properties

Add the possibility to have actual custom properties at the project level.
    Having several nearly identical process lines, that would make it very simple to change one project scoped path for an application to look at any individual line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support equations in EasyChart calculated pens

Allow EasyChart calculated pens to accept basic equations like:

historicalPen * 5 / 8 + 32

This would allow converting a historical pen stored in degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit and other similar units of measure conversions. This in turn allows displaying a trend in different units of measure than it was recorded in rather than recording the same data twice (once in each unit of measure).

A distant second option would be to allow basing a calculated pen on another calculated pen. This would allow building the conversion in steps with each calculated pen. (Presently, calculated pens cannot be based…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Progress Bar Update

Allow the progress bar to go over capacity and show over 100%. It would just be full in that case. In many circumstances we use Ignition to display hourly goals that are tough but can be beat and had to make a work around to alter the capacity on the bar so they wouldn’t error out in the circumstance it went over 100%

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tag editor prompt when changes are made

When you have the tag editor open and changes are made and you select another tag, those edits are lost as the tag editor opens that tags setup without saving the first tags edits. Please have it prompt the user to ask if the edits should be saved if edits exist that are not yet applied.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have default designer permissions be created and applied from a gateway

Currently, we have an internal development team for Ignition projects.

As the team grows, permissions, responsibilities, and skills tend to stratify.

As the reliance on Ignition grows,the need to restrict publishing, viewing, protecting, saving and deleting becomes more and more critical.

I would like a system that will set the Project Properties > Permissions settings and be able to apply them as defaults for all new project development.

Additionally, the option to mass apply permissions will also suffice.

The intent is to limit the amount of changes that can be done to fully vetted systems, and enforce a proper review…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. line wrap table text

As posted on https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/line-wrap-within-a-bound-table/1823, there's no way to have overflow line wrap within a table. Adding '<html>' to the start will put the overflow on a new line, but that line will then not be visible if rowResizeEnabled is set. It would be nice to have overflow make rows larger if needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a way to distinguish how a component is being edited

Add a way to distinguish when a component is being edited by (1) a user or (2) programmatically or (3) because of a binding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. IO&G Users: Ignition ROC Driver Suite

Ignition OPC-UA server needs a Native ROC Protocol Driver for 800, 800L and Floboss 107. This should also support EFM History.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add custom fonts to the designer library

My client has a fully developed branding scheme, including specific fonts that should be used for all materials associated with the company. I would like to be able to add fonts to be used in the designer for any element which can choose a font.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dynamic Tags on Reports (Tag History, Timeseries Chart)

Just as we are able to bind pens dynamically to an Easy Chart component, it would be extremely useful if we had the same ability on the Timeseries Chart for our reports.

I am aware the tags are pseudo-dynamic, but that requires that ALL tags share the same name; which is rarely the case.

Instead of having to create a report for each and every device that we are monitoring, there should be a way to make the tags fully dynamic as in the Easy Chart component.

Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add feature so we can export data in excel with file format;

We should be able to export only cells in excel while keeping the file format same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to set the font size for the confirmation window.

Provide a means of setting the font size and appearance for the confirmation dialog box. Currently, it is far to small on my EDGE touch panel application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Terminate vision client warning option

Terminating vision clients is easily managed from the gateway however shared computers often have multiple clients open on different accounts and it is not easy to determine which one should be terminated. Add an option to the gateway to notify clients their session will be terminated in "x" minutes unless they acknowledge the warning.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keyboard shortcut for rotating between open windows

A keyboard shortcut that can swap which open window you are working on. Similar to Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown with Chrome and Excel.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add additional math functions

Please add more math functions to the scripting language in Ignition, either as a system.math type addition, or as a separate module. The specific functions I'm personally interested in are mean, mode, median, standard deviation, kurtosis and skewness. Some of these are available in some form, but not all.

As others are probably interested other math functions, I think the best approach would be to implement something like Apache Math, which has a wide variety of advanced math functions.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. IO&G Users: Ignition Totalflow Driver Suite

Ignition OPC-UA server needs a Native Totalflow Protocol Driver for communicating with Totalflow EFM's. This should support EFM History.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Are you sure you want to delete?" popup should only be used when the deletion can't be undone easily

It's not useful as a warning if it appears every single time somebody presses the delete key. It quickly becomes muscle memory to treat deletion as a two-key operation: press delete with one finger, then press enter with another.

Then you try to delete some labels from a template, and the template disappears! It turns out you missed your click and selected the entire template for deletion instead of just the component inside of it. Deleting a template can't be fixed with Ctrl-Z. All the work you've been doing in the template is gone. It's one time that a popup…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. find/replace

Copy/paste or export Global Find results. I often have many results in the global find window, and cannot "click through" the find dialog to everything that it finds, and even if I could, there might be more than I could do at once. Need to be able to copy/paste the find results into an external document, or export it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Ignition Features and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base