Ignition Features and Ideas

How can we improve Ignition?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add options to the Window Editing page in the Project properties

Add options to the Window Editing page in the Project properties.
    such as:
    Select a main Font for the whole project.
    Default Font color
    Default background color

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Intelligently Rename Tags

One of the biggest problems I've had in Ignition is the lack of ability to rename tags, popups, templates and the like because all links to them are broken. Could a smart rename feature be created that would automatically change all links to a tag when it is renamed, or at least point to all the locations it is used so the user could easily change them? Thank you

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LReal support for the Siemens driver

Ability to connect LReal datatype tags from Siemens S7-1200 and 1500 PLCs.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tag name sorting in Tag Browser

In the tag browser the tag names are sorted by ASCI order, you should sort them in a way that capital "A" is the same as lower case "a". Right now it will sort all the capital letters to the top from A-Z and then the lower case letters a-z. This is non-intuitive to the user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sort scan classes in the tag edit/create window

When creating or editing tags, the drop downs for scan classes do not sort them alphabetically. It is very difficult to scroll down through 100+ scan classes to find the one that is needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right Click Remove Binding

I would like to see an option added in Designer to right click on a component property in the property tree to remove it's binding.
    The same popup menu for copying and pasting bindings.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. flash

Add Flash support for Web Browser Component.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TCP driver Active or Passive connection

I think it would be very useful if TCP driver had an option to choose if we want Active or Passive connection to the other party.

Currently, TCP driver is Active connection only.
    Active connection means, that TCP Driver will initiate the connection to the other party, which must be in passive (listen) mode.
    Passive connection means, that TCP driver will be in passive (listen) mode, and another party will initiate the connection to the Ignition.

I have an upcoming project with 25 WLAN (wifi) handheld scanners. The scanner sends barcode string to the remote IP and port, but the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the ability to rename a Scan Class without breaking the project

Currently if you make a Scan Class and use that Scan Class on tags, if you then go rename the Scan Class, all the tags using the Scan Class are broken. I should be able to rename a Scan Class and not break the link to the tags that use it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add angle origin property

Please add the property AngleCenter (or AngleOrigin or something similarly named). This would be the point around which the rotation would happen. Currently successive rotations introduce and error to the rotation point, this would help eliminate the error as well as allow the user to rotate about a point other than the center.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Excel as an "Enterprise PLC"

I'm hoping to inspire the building of a module/device driver written in Java that would effectively implement an "Enterprise PLC" - an office "device" or manifestation of a business PLC - by wrapping COM RTD in UA. Maybe a twist on the COM DA Tunneler? It would enable the mash up of office and plant data over a gateway network, and mash up intra-office data via a SQL bridge on an I/O gateway located on the business network...and cuz $1000/head IS too much. I'll post this last paragraph to the new feature request part of the website.

Slide8.PNG960x720 83.6 KB

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add comments/documentation to Window in Designer

Sometimes a window has uses a lot of hidden scripting or binding which can make it extremely difficult to troubleshoot. It would be nice to be able to add comments (documentation) directly into the window, that would only appear in the designer, to help explain eccentricities to future developers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add modbus function codes 20 and 21 to the modbus TCP driver

I have some Honeywell equipment (DR4500 chart recorders) that require the use of Modbus function codes 20 and 21 to read/write to some of the configuration registers. Things like recipe data, setpoint programmer segments, programmer operating mode and more. Right now, I can't get to this data with the normal function codes, and when recipe data changes, or the desired operating mode changes, it has to be entered/changed by hand.

Honeywell tends to do this for other equipment of theirs too. Ignition would have a competitive advantage if support were provided as not many software packages have the ability to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Find and replace for tags in grouped objects

Right click on a grouped object would show the existing tags associated with the items within the group, and give the ability to assign (replace) with the desired tags without having to ungroup the obect and do each item separately. ex: motor 1 start could be replaced with motor 2 start.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. modbus array

I would like the ability to read Modbus registers as arrays. This could be implemented similar to how the reading of strings (character arrays) is already implemented.

For example, If I have 10 consecutive registers that I need to read into an integer array tag, I could specify the OPC path "[Device]HR1000:10". This should also take into account the word size implied by the address designator to combine consecutive registers into larger words. For example, if I wanted to read 10 consecutive 32-bit (double register) integers (for a total of 20 registers) into an integer array tag, I would specify…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exposing inner template instances in the Project Browser

In the Project Browser you can expand components down to template instances. When selecting a template instance from the tree view you can bind properties. It would be nice if you could expand template instances that are contained in parent template instances so that you could bind their properties directly from the tree view as well. Right now we have to chain properties to the parent templates.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SQL Tag / SQL property binding homogenization

Using SQL in client tags can be useful for holding information, but feels really wonky compared to the SQL property binding. I have two suggestions to make it a bit more uniform.

Add fallback value - Why does this not already exist?

Add refresh scripting function - I suggest system.tag.refresh(tagPath) to trigger a tag to run its SQL query again, similar to system.db.refresh()

As for the update writeback that the SQL property binding has, it is understandable to not put it on tags, but some may find it useful for completeness.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Distinguish duplicate window, template, or script names in the Ignition Designer

Two templates cannot have the same name. However, identically named templates placed in different folders can have the same name. This can lead to confusion in the Designer when these two templates are opened at the same time.

Most text editors out there will show an additional identifier when two files of the same name are open, this is usually the name of the parent folder.

For example, I might have a PLC folder in the global templates section. In this folder I could have a Create, Edit, and View template. I might also have a User folder in the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. X, Y, Height, and Width bindable

Please make X, Y, Height, and Width bindable properties on ALL components including instances of templates.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. hide the code in the designer and protect it with a password

Hide the code in the designer and protect it with a password.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Ignition Features and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base