Ignition Features and Ideas

How can we improve Ignition?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add Property on Template Repeater to Make First Row a Header

Add a new Property to the Template Repeater to set the first row of the Repeater to be a 'Header'.

This Header Row would always remain visible when scrolling through data. The concept would be similar to freezing panes, such as the top row of columns, in Microsoft Excel.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add comments/documentation to Window in Designer

Sometimes a window has uses a lot of hidden scripting or binding which can make it extremely difficult to troubleshoot. It would be nice to be able to add comments (documentation) directly into the window, that would only appear in the designer, to help explain eccentricities to future developers.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lockout gateway, designer and client access for multiple failed login attempts.

Looking at it from a security point of view, I would like to have options to lock out access to the gateway and designer if too many failed attempt to login. This can be reset from the Gateway Control Utility or a specified amount of time has pass. It would be nice to this built in for "client" or project access also - currently being done through scripts.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add options to the Window Editing page in the Project properties

Add options to the Window Editing page in the Project properties.
    such as:
    Select a main Font for the whole project.
    Default Font color
    Default background color

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Siemens complex PLC Data Types/structures/UDTs via OPC UA

UDTs in the Siemens program are exposed in the address space as both a collection of nodes that can be read, written or subscribed to individually as well as a single complex DataType accessible in the value attribute of the parent of the collection of nodes in the address space that represent the UDT.

Currently, Ignition does not support accessing these complex DataType values. If implemented, the PLC Data Types can be reused as Ignition UDTs and linked with a single OPC-UA address.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort scan classes in the tag edit/create window

When creating or editing tags, the drop downs for scan classes do not sort them alphabetically. It is very difficult to scroll down through 100+ scan classes to find the one that is needed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Intelligently Rename Tags

One of the biggest problems I've had in Ignition is the lack of ability to rename tags, popups, templates and the like because all links to them are broken. Could a smart rename feature be created that would automatically change all links to a tag when it is renamed, or at least point to all the locations it is used so the user could easily change them? Thank you

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tag name sorting in Tag Browser

In the tag browser the tag names are sorted by ASCI order, you should sort them in a way that capital "A" is the same as lower case "a". Right now it will sort all the capital letters to the top from A-Z and then the lower case letters a-z. This is non-intuitive to the user.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. LReal support for the Siemens driver

Ability to connect LReal datatype tags from Siemens S7-1200 and 1500 PLCs.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. TCP driver Active or Passive connection

I think it would be very useful if TCP driver had an option to choose if we want Active or Passive connection to the other party.

Currently, TCP driver is Active connection only.
    Active connection means, that TCP Driver will initiate the connection to the other party, which must be in passive (listen) mode.
    Passive connection means, that TCP driver will be in passive (listen) mode, and another party will initiate the connection to the Ignition.

I have an upcoming project with 25 WLAN (wifi) handheld scanners. The scanner sends barcode string to the remote IP and port, but the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right Click Remove Binding

I would like to see an option added in Designer to right click on a component property in the property tree to remove it's binding.
    The same popup menu for copying and pasting bindings.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. customizable on screen keyboard

Have customizable on-screen keyboard(size of keys and letters)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customizable user management screen

Option for disabling users(rather than deleting)
    Option to disable delete button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export tags from gateway

I have to open the designer to export tags. It would convenient if I were able to do this from the gateway. I like to backup the gateway, project, and tags before working on an Ignition project because the gateway backup is too encompassing when I only want to restore the tags for example. When it comes to backing up the gateway for us this means gateway, project exports, and tags independently. This gives is the most amount of flexibility to restore parts of the gateway if someone makes a mistake.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. flash

Add Flash support for Web Browser Component.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Management of Max Age for a user password

For Security User Source:
    - add a login message to distinguish between wrong credentials from expired credentials
    - advice in advance for a password going to expire shortly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. High DPI Scaling Java Option in JNLP File

Would it be possible to add a Gateway Setting option in the "Web Launch Settings" similar to the Disable Direct 3D?

This could place the following in JNLP files:
    <property name="sun.java2d.dpiaware" value="false"/>

Manually making this entry appears to work for high dpi monitors, TVs and laptops with Win10 and Java 8.

We have a large number of Ignition users that use a standard corporate IT PC image. This does not allow tweaking of Java resources or downgrading to Java 7. Creating customized JNPL files is problematic with a footprint of many gateways across remote sites.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add protection at the folder level

As a systems integrator, we like the fact of providing an open design platform to our customers. On the other hand, in order to protect certain sections within Designer from being changed by unauthorized personnel, we like the ability to password-protect them. This is especially important when providing solutions under a warranty, which only we would be allowed to change.

We were searching for a way to accomplish this, and after some forum posts, we discovered that Ignition provides a way to protect individual scripts, windows and stored procedures.

We were intuitively looking at the folders, and never bothered looking…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to rename a Scan Class without breaking the project

Currently if you make a Scan Class and use that Scan Class on tags, if you then go rename the Scan Class, all the tags using the Scan Class are broken. I should be able to rename a Scan Class and not break the link to the tags that use it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Distinguish duplicate window, template, or script names in the Ignition Designer

Two templates cannot have the same name. However, identically named templates placed in different folders can have the same name. This can lead to confusion in the Designer when these two templates are opened at the same time.

Most text editors out there will show an additional identifier when two files of the same name are open, this is usually the name of the parent folder.

For example, I might have a PLC folder in the global templates section. In this folder I could have a Create, Edit, and View template. I might also have a User folder in the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Ignition Features and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base