Ignition Features and Ideas

How can we improve Ignition?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Excel as an "Enterprise PLC"

I'm hoping to inspire the building of a module/device driver written in Java that would effectively implement an "Enterprise PLC" - an office "device" or manifestation of a business PLC - by wrapping COM RTD in UA. Maybe a twist on the COM DA Tunneler? It would enable the mash up of office and plant data over a gateway network, and mash up intra-office data via a SQL bridge on an I/O gateway located on the business network...and cuz $1000/head IS too much. I'll post this last paragraph to the new feature request part of the website.

Slide8.PNG960x720 83.6 KB

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get "no edited" alarm properties with system.tag.getAlarmStates(tag)

When i call this function to get the alarm properties i got just the modified or edited alarm properties. It would be useful to get all the alarm properties, modified or not. For example, i can't see the "mode" property unless it is different from "Equal" or "Active Delay" on 0.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a function to load Modbus address map to Modbus device

The actual system.device.addDevice() just create the device and all their properties but as we only have Modbus devices, we can't define the address map inside it, that is fundamental to make it work. It will be useful to have another dictionary variable like the deviceProps to add the modbus address map to the mentioned function or a separate function like system.device.addModbusAddressMap().

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export projects (.proj) using an open XML format

Exported project are not backward compatible, there's no simple way to compare two projects. These and other problems will be solved by using an open format like XML, JSON or similar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to push updates to projects with update mode set to notify.

I would like the option to notify or push updates to clients. I typically have update modes set to notify to not disrupt users, but occasionally I would like to push an important update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. TCP driver Active or Passive connection

I think it would be very useful if TCP driver had an option to choose if we want Active or Passive connection to the other party.

Currently, TCP driver is Active connection only.
    Active connection means, that TCP Driver will initiate the connection to the other party, which must be in passive (listen) mode.
    Passive connection means, that TCP driver will be in passive (listen) mode, and another party will initiate the connection to the Ignition.

I have an upcoming project with 25 WLAN (wifi) handheld scanners. The scanner sends barcode string to the remote IP and port, but the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to 'Send to...' function for whole folders

Being able to send a window/faceplate to multiple projects is super useful, and used a lot, but it is limited in that it is currently not possible to send a folder (that I know of), or nested folders to another project. The 'Send to...' functionality is a huge time-saver compared to importing/exporting, and extending this functionality would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Extend Save/Publish capabilities to tags

Allow temporary saving of tags in the Designer before publishing them to the gateway. Currently, any tag changes are saved to the gateway. This functionality would help increase safety in making changes and updates to a live system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Scaling rectangle with rounded corners

If you scale a rectangle with rounded corners, the rounding value does not scale. This seems to be the only part of my template that does not scale properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tag name sorting in Tag Browser

In the tag browser the tag names are sorted by ASCI order, you should sort them in a way that capital "A" is the same as lower case "a". Right now it will sort all the capital letters to the top from A-Z and then the lower case letters a-z. This is non-intuitive to the user.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. History Tag Alias field

I would like an alias name field added to the Historical tags that can be used to select the tags and display that name in trending.
    Currently the trending will display the fill path and tag name to the tag which is not always named in a user friendly way.
    We currently create a second duplicate tag for trending but this is cumbersome and just adds work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Right Click Remove Binding

I would like to see an option added in Designer to right click on a component property in the property tree to remove it's binding.
    The same popup menu for copying and pasting bindings.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Script library syntax error pop up

Add a syntax error warning pop up to script library similar to what event scripts already do. It is too easy to save these scripts with syntax errors if you don't look for the suttle syntax error indicators.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. LReal support for the Siemens driver

Ability to connect LReal datatype tags from Siemens S7-1200 and 1500 PLCs.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug Report - Ignition arbitrarily sets property value

I have described the bug and have provided a project for replicating the issue on the forum. See here:

https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/bug-report-ignition-arbitrarily-sets-property-values/15405

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a way to display the status of the alarm pipelines within the designer & Client

If current alarm pipeline status' could be displayed a user can then determine if there are any pipelines active. This would help to confirm the system is working and/or if any pipelines are getting hung up in troubleshooting. A user could "test" an alarm condition and verify that the correct pipelines got triggered and verfied that the notification was sent out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the audit profile log to use store and forward

Currently, Tag Historian and Alarm History go through the store and forward and in case of communication failure to Database it buffers the data and push it after connection comes back on. But unfortunately Audit Trail Profiles is not using this feature and you are going to lose your Audit Log records while the connection to DB is in failure. This is a big concern for the validated system and pharmaceutical to lose the Audit record of the system. Thanks in advance!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. USB device Integration on clients

add functionality to communicate with USB devices that are plugged into the USB ports of the client machine. Read the raw data from the USB device, without requiring a HID output from the USB device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Data to the Diagnostics Tags For Allen Bradley Control Logix

Add a Safety, and Standard folder to contain information like safety signature, safety locked, safety locked time stamp, edits present, download occurred, standard program locked, standard program signature.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Ignition Features and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base