Website Feedback

Let us know how the Inductive Automation website and University can be improved.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Possible wrong answer in Gateway Network V 7.9 Topic Challenge

Question:

Which of the following are identifiers that can be configured on a Security Zone? Select all that apply.
    -Project names
    -User names
    -Gateway names
    -mac addresses
    -host names

Video(security zones and service security @1:25)
    -IP addresses, Host names, Gateway names

My answer:
    -Host Names & Gateway Names
    - I believe that the MAC Address option should be changed to IP Address, since a MAC address is a hardware address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wrong answer in the Gateway Security Challenge

The question is "When using the Verify Authentication Profile page in the Gateway, you can test multiple authentication profiles at the same time." As I understand it, the page allows a test of one user in one profile at a time but the answer "False" turns up wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SFC in Ignition has duplicate videos

SFC Elements --> "Begin Step" and "Begin Step and Using Parameters" are the same video

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Possible error in challenge question/answer in connecting to siemens

Following is a link to screen shots of a challenge question and of the path in the challenge application;

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6TOf1YQjdYtY0psdnFkakFvWk0?usp=sharing

The choices in the questions are variations of a string tag and yet the path in the application is DB500,DI8. Either I completely misunderstand the question or the challenge exam and the application are out of sync

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Error in challenge question for Advanced Gateway Settings

I received the question what file to edit to change the Java version with a write in answer. I entered Ignition.conf and it was deemed incorrect even though that is the correct answer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Text Based Course Accompaniment

I find that I personally learn much more effectively if I read information as opposed to hearing it. It would be quite beneficial to myself, and I suspect others, if there were text based accompaniments, including information relevant to the challenges, for each video course.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text Mistake :maniupulated for manipulated

Topic
    Understanding Components
    CHALLENGE QUESTION 3/15
    Q:
    SVGs or vector graphics cannot be maniupulated on the screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update videos for Ignition's Systems Architecture for current licensing/pricing

Please update the videos for Ignition's Systems Architecture for current licensing structure. Still shows OPC-UA is free, for example

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Printable Certificate

After course completion, a printable Certificate for presentation to an employer to show verified proof of having earned the credential would be nice.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have someone check your

have someone check your online courses they are not working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unable to answer this question in the Scripting Module

If a timer script that is configured at fixed rate of 5,000ms takes 250ms to execute, what is the time between executions, in milliseconds? (no dots or commas)

It's fixed rate so it's my understanding that it should run the script every 5,000ms.

I tried 5000 and 5000ms but both were incorrect.

I had to retake the test and extra 5 time before I got a version of it that did not ask me this question

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Typo in Instrument Interface Components question

One of the questions under Instrument Interface Components is:
    "Does the parse results method 'isValid()' return a true or a false if the results are valid."
    The possible answers are "true" or "false".

If the question is a statement that the testee needs to evaluate as either true or false, then it should not start as an interrogative ("Does the parse results method..."), and the answer options should be "yes" and "no". If the question is asking whether the returned value is true or false, then it should end with a question mark.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Question answer possibly wrong

In the Alarm Notification Pipelines quiz, under Alarming in Ignition, One of the questions is:
    "The notification consolidation frequency setting is the max amount of time to wait while consolidating alarms before the alarms get sent out."
    And the accepted answer is: "True".

In the help text, it says "[Consolidation] Frequency - The max frequency with which the profile can send alarms".

"Maximum" frequency should be translated to "minimum" intermediate time. So either the answer should be false, or the question should be reworded. Am I mistaken about this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possible Typo in Challenge Question

Challenge Question in Project Security in Client reads "Individual Tag permissions are on a pre-project basis" should this be "per-project basis"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable google to crawl the forum again!

It is now very difficult to find the wealth of useful info that is in the forum using a google search such as:
    site:inductiveautomation.com/forum help me

The forum no longer shows up in google searches, which means we cannot specifically use google to search your forum. It appears it has been blocked by your robots.txt file. In a previous life the forum was definitely in google!

The forum software search is really not very good at all, this is normal for all forums unless you install something like elasticsearch.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Steven FongSteven Fong responded

Hi Roy, Not sure why google search was blocked in the first place. We’ll make the forum searchable in an upcoming maintenance cycle. Thanks for the feedback!

17. The questions on the tests A) need to be worded better B) need to be evaluated to see if they are even talked about in the training.

Put a tracker on answered questions. Review the questions that are answered wrong by the most people, and questions that are answered incorrectly repeatedly by the same person retaking the test.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For the 6th (final) Challenge Question Set in the v7.8 "Tags in Ignition" course, an INCORRECT ANSWER is required to pass.

For the 6th (final) Challenge Question Set in the v7.8 "Tags in Ignition" course, an INCORRECT ANSWER is required to pass. The question relates to which System Tag metrics are available - while OPC is now included as a System Gateway Tag folder in v7.8, the Challenge requires that OPC be selected as "not provided".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Steven FongSteven Fong responded

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve forwarded this to the IU content team

19. Scripting Basics answer is wrong

The answer to the question "What is the output of the following code?" seems to be wrong.
    The code is:

x = 0
    for i in range(5):
    x = x+1
    print x

which should give the answer 5 but for some reason it displays it as wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IU navigation on the side of the screen instead of the bottom.

When taking the courses, I have to adjust the screen after each course because the navigation is below the screen. If the navigation controls were on the side, I could keep the screen in the same place and not have to continually adjust it. Or you could have a laptop setting that fits everything into a laptop sized screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Website Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base